Friday, May 2, 2014

Pretty in Pink!

Hi Everyone! Today I am writing to you from beautiful North Carolina.  I am so excited to be here, and really need this opportunity to get away for a few days!

When I am on vacation I like to relax a lot and today, my makeup look contained all things pink!  Pink is such an easy fun look. I feel fresh, fun, and relaxed. 



Lip Gloss:
Buxom Gloss in "Dolly".  I love this color! You can probably tell from the picture I use it quite a bit.  It is a very light pink when applied, and looks natural.  I love Buxom Glosses!  They are usually my favorite and the shine and color do not disappoint.

Check Stain:
Josie Maran Argan Color Stick in "Rosey".  This product is described as "Ultra Hydrating, Multi-Tasking Balm for lips, cheeks... anywhere".  I love Josie Maran products.  I love the way the argan oil base feels on my skin.  This still is super hydrating, and long lasting.  I only used one swipe, but if you want a darker pink look, you can swipe it across your cheeks several times for more pigment. 

Eyes:
Naked 3 by Urban Decay.  I won't go into this in much detail because I know it's been blogged about millions of times.  But can I just say... I LOVE this palette!  I mix the colors together a lot, and today used "mugshot", "buzz", and "dust".  I was able to create a deep purply/pink pigment that made my eyes pop just slightly. 

Benefit Cosmetics Eye Bright.  After flying most of the day yesterday, and enjoying a couple cocktails, I woke up a little sleepy this morning.  A little touch of  this in the corners of your eyes, and any sign of darkness instantly goes away!

Highlighter:
Revlon Highlighting Palette in"Rose Glow".  I use this as a all-over highlighter and use it in place of a bronzer.  It gives me a shimmery pink glow.  Can I say I LOVE LOVE this stuff!  Recently, I had to put myself on a Sephora diet because my beauty addiction was getting a little out of control (thank you Debbie and Alex for your intervention... ha!).  While refraining from stepping into a Sephora, I found some products I hadn't tried at CVS.  This was one of them.  With a 20% off coupon, CVS Extra Bucks, and a BOGO offer, this shimmer ended up costing me under $7!!! How can you possibly go wrong?!?! I've been using this daily and I highly recommend it.  It goes a long way at such a discount price!


Dress: Old Navy; Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft; Necklace: Francesca's; Headband: Ann Taylor Loft; Polish: "Lots o Lux" ESSIE.


What are your easy, breezy, vacation go-to colors!?!?!? 

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I need to try the eye bright and the Josie Maran Argan Color Stick!! And YES Buxom glosses are the best! Such a pretty look!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you like very creamy sticks- you will love the Argan Color Stick! And the eye bright was a random find- I get dark circles and it really has helped!

      Delete