Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday's Fabulous Five!!!!

Hi All- It's Friday!  And that means it is time for the fabulous five....

1. Sephora's Sun Safety Kit-  This kit is amazing!  It's only $32 for $177 worth of items.  I am a huge fan of the "Sephora's Favorites" lines.  It's a great way to get deluxe size samples and try new items.  I'll do a full review soon- once I've had the opportunity to try everything!
And that's not all... there's more....on the other side....
I'm telling you! This kit has EVERYTHING.... lotion, moisturizer, self-tanner, bronzers, lip balm... the list goes on!

2. Summer Shandy!  Shandy season is officially in full swing.... and I couldn't be happier.  I love the lemon Leinenkugel Summer Shandy the best!  It's such a refreshing brew for summer.


3. The TJ O'Connor Animal Shelter and an unnamed Good Samaritan
Warning- this story is upsetting.  
(photo credit: TJO)

One thing I have absolutely no tolerance for is people who abuse animals.  Sadly, the other day, someone threw this poor dog out the window of a moving car, then ran him over.  Luckily someone who saw the incident rescued the dog and rushed him to the local animal hospital.  The pup survived (thank goodness!) and has been eating and doing better.  He did fracture his pelvis and needs surgery.  My heart goes out to this poor dog.  This story reminds me there are so many animal shelters and hospitals out there who dedicate their services to these helpless little animals.  The folks at TJO are giving this guy the love he deserves.  I'm loving the fact there were so many people who have reached out to help this guy, and we have facilities and people who devote their time to helping! My hat goes off to the doctors, vet techs, assistants, and good Samaritans who have given so much of themselves to save this little guy and others.   Keep him in your prayers, this little guy isn't out of the woods yet.

4.  Yankee Candle Fluffy Towels:
I am obsessed with this candle! It smells like freshly cleaned laundry and makes my entire home smell clean and fresh!  I can't get enough of this scent.


5. Lastly, I'm LOVING the fact it is a 3 day weekend!!  Memorial day is the official kick off to summer, and I couldn't be happier.  Bring on the sand, sun, and beach!!! I hope everyone has a fabulous long weekend planned!!! See you next week :)

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome little kit from Sephora! And OMG who would do that to that poor little pup! He looks like my beloved mini schnauzer who is currently snoring away in my ear. I'll say a prayer for the little guy :( xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the puppy broke my heart... but I always like to find the good, and I am so happy there were so many people able to help him! His surgery went well, and he is now on cage rest for 6 weeks... poor guy.

      Delete
  2. That kit looks awesome!! And I will definitely be checking out that candle - love a nice clean scent! MDW went way too fast!

    Katie - See What Katie Wears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie- You will love that candle! And I agree, MDW went by way too fast! BTW- I loved your outfit you reviewed the other day!

      Delete