Monday, May 5, 2014

Guacamole!

In honor of Cinco de Mayo.... I am posting my favorite Guacamole recipe.  A friend originally made this for me, and through the years I've mixed it up and made my own version. It is super easy, and very fresh! It only takes about 15 minutes to whip up!

Ingredients:

1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 red onion
3 avocado
2 jalapeños or 2 chili peppers
1 cup fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper

Directions:
Chop peppers, onion, and cilantro.  Set aside. Slice and peel avocado. Remove pits. Smash avocado in large bowl. (I usually use a wick, but a large fork works well too.) The avocado should be chunky. Add pepper, onion, cilantro mixture.  Stir in spices and lime juice.  (I tend to go a little heavier on the spices... You can add more depending on taste.) Serves 8!


2 comments:

  1. I love guacamole so, so much. I'll have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete