Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Buxom Nudes & Brights: Review

Lip glosses are one of my most cherished beauty products.  I am especially fond of Buxom glosses.  I think they are hands down the best.  They last a long time, the colors are amazing, the shine is perfect, and I love the way they feel.  For those of you who don't know, many buxom glosses have a tingle to them.  They claim to plump lips, which, I'm not sure is entirely true.  I notice my lips are fuller, but I attribute it more to the color and fullness of the gloss.

I'm also especially fond of kits.  When there is a kit, I'll probably buy it.  I think it's a great way to try new products without much of a commitment.  Needless to say I was psyched when I saw this kit at Sephora:

Buxom Nudes & Brights! This kit is perfect.  3 nude colors, and 3 vibrant colors- perfect for summer! The thing I loved about this kit was getting 6 different colors for only $32.00.  Full-size Buxom glosses run around $19.00.  These sizes were about half the size of a regular gloss, but you're still getting much more.  Plus, I have a little issue, where I tend to lose glosses.  They end up in my purses, work bag, desk, bathroom, jacket pocket, you name it!  So I figure with six, if I lose a couple, I'm still good hahahaha!


First the Nudes:
From left to right... "Yes You", "Mwah", and "Dolly" (Swatches below)

"Yes You"- is a very, very nude color.  It's almost a plain gloss.  It looks great on it's own or over another color to add some extra shine, or tone down a loud color.

"Mwah"- has a more pink tone to it, but still is pretty nude.  It's perfect for work, or to wear with dark eye makeup, if your looking to tone down your lips.

"Dolly"- I've been a fan of this color for ages.  It's my go-to color.  I usually wear it to work or when I'm at home lounging around.  It's more pink than nude, but it's very pretty on.

Now the Brights...
From left to right... "Strut It", "Pucker Up", "Cha Cha Cha" (swatches below)

"Strut It"- Bright pink, almost like a watermelon hot pink.  It's perfect for summer.  I wore this with a black dress, pink flip flops, and a pink necklace.  It was prefect.

"Pucker Up"- Same idea, but purple.  It's a great summer color for day or evening out.

"Cha Cha Cha"- This is by far my favorite.  It's a neon red/orange color and it really makes my lips stand out and pop.  This color is perfect for those hot summer nights!

Here are the swatches:

As you can tell from the swatch, I am super fair-skinned. (Also, don't mind the scratches... I wasn't kidding when I said I was a crazy cat lady lol).  I really thought all of these colors looked great on me.  I rarely find a kit where such a wide range of colors look good on.  I think these colors would look great on any skin tone.  I was really surprised I liked the brights as much as a I did.  And... all of these colors had the lasting power of Buxom.  They felt great on my lips, were full-bodied, and had ample shine.

This kit is still available at Sephora, both online and in stores.  Price, quality, and the wonderful colors in this kit make it a must have!

No comments:

Post a Comment