Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday's Fabulous Five

This week went by at light speed.  I don't even know what happened.  It was a 4-day week for me, but still, I feel like I blinked and it was Friday again.  What a wonderful thing to have happen!  Here are 5 things I'm loving this week!

1. This View....



I am a huge fan of summer, and this weekend made me so incredibly excited it's finally here!  I'm really lucky to be able to spend as much time as I want on Cape Cod, and I take full advantage of it every chance I get.  This is the beach by our house, and everything about this view makes me smile :)

2. OPI "Don't Bossa Nova Me Around"


This shade is from OPI's Brazil line.  Pretty much all of the colors in this line are very bright, except this one.  I picked this color up because I wanted a nude color that reminded me of sand.  I hit the jackpot!  Once I put it on, I instantly loved it.  It reminds me of sand on the beach, and it is the perfect color for work!  The color lasted several days, and I only needed two coats.


3. "81 Whacks" Red Indiana Pale Ale-


Ever heard the nursery rhyme... "Lizzie Borden took an axe, gave her mother 40 whacks. When she saw what she had done, she gave her father 41"?  Completely appropriate nursery rhyme for children to learn, I'm sure you'd agree.  Anyways... in case you don't know... Lizzie Borden was famous for being acquitted of the murder of her parents in Fall River, MA in 1892.  Basically, she was the OJ Simpson of the 1800's.  I live just a couple miles from where the murders allegedly took place.  Lizzie is a bit of a legend in New England, and someone finally created a fabulous IPA in her honor.  A local sports bar nearby used to carry it on tap, but has stopped.  Luckily my friend Jessica (Hi Jess!) found this gem when she was in a craft beer store and picked it up for me.  Absolutely love this IPA...  Oh, and if you're a true crime junkie, like me, google Lizzie- you won't be disappointed ;)


4. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Captivating-


This is part of Tarte's limited edition summer collection, but I have a feeling this is here to stay.  It is a beautiful coral shade, perfect for summer.  I tend to like cream blushes more than powder blushes.  I think they look more natural, where the powder ones can give you that caked-on look.  If you read beauty blogs, I'm sure you've seen tons of bloggers rave about the lasting power of the Amazonian Clay 12-hour blushes.  This shade is meets every expectation I had.  It lasts the entire day, and it looks very natural.  Two of the most important factors I think about when choosing a blush.  I'm obsessed with this color! 


5. Lastly, this week was a fabulous week at work for me.  I don't know if it was going back after a long weekend, and feeling completely rejuvenated, or if it was the short work week, but this week really flew by.  I worked an insane amount of hours, but loved every second of it.   I had a lot of amazing victories and am really thankful I get to wake up every day and do something I love, and work in a field I am passionate about.  

 Hoping you all had a wonderful week too!!! Cheers! It's FRIDAY!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like such a pretty polish! I'm always looking for the perfect nude but haven't had much luck yet - thanks for giving me a new option to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it! I'm really happy I tried it :)

      Delete