Monday, May 19, 2014

Crazy for Coral

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a good weekend.  My weekend was full of fun!  Had some cocktails, shopped, ate some delicious food, and listened to some live music.  The weather was perfect this weekend and I actually got a little sun.  And, lets be serious, my pale body is certainly in need of that Vitamin D!  Another thing I am loving lately?  CORAL!   It's such a perfect color for spring and summer.  Here are a few of my current coral favorites!


We all know I'm an Essie Addict.  Even though I don't love their brushes, I love their colors, and can't get enough.  Plus I am able to get some good deals on these at CVS or Target.  And who doesn't love a bargain?  The polish on the left is "tart deco".  I've had this color for a couple years now, and it is my perfect go-to coral color when it's warm out.  It is a bright coral color with peach undertones.  Perfect for work or play.  The color on the right is "serial shopper".  I just bought this one last week and have only worn it once.  It is more of an orange-neon color.  It's pretty bright.  I didn't love it when I first tried it, but after having it on my nails for a couple days it grew on me.  My skin is still really pale, and that didn't help.  I think I will like this one much better in the summer when my skin is a little darker.

The blush in the middle is "Awaken", by TIGI.  I got this blush in a beauty box a while back.  I am a recovering beauty box addict. There. I said it. And now you know. HA!  I was so obsessed with beauty boxes, and getting an undisclosed number in the mail each month, I decided to cancel them.  I miss them like crazy!  But because I was subscribing to so many, I was having trouble keeping up with them.  This is one find I missed, and have since discovered.  This blush looks perfect on me!  It is a light coral color and is perfect for spring.  The lasting power of it wasn't that great, but I tend to carry it with me and apply it mid-afternoon for a touch up.

The lip gloss you see is Revlon Colorburst in "bellini".  This gloss is very moisturizing.  The color is a peachy coral.  It is a perfect shade for spring.

Lastly, the necklace.  I just bought this necklace recently at Forever 21.  I had no idea Forever 21 had such great statement necklaces!  My dear friend Debbie (HI DEB!)  convinced me to check them out.  They are very reasonably priced.  I don't like to spend much on statement necklaces.  This floral one was the perfect shade of coral for me.  I've already worn it twice.  Once with a navy blue dress, and once with a white t-shirt.  This necklace is the perfect way to dress up a simple outfit.  And it was only $16.98! Can't go wrong at that price!

What is your favorite color to warm up your look this spring?

6 comments:

  1. Those colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coral, it's so summer and beachy! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that Essie polish and love it! You can't go wrong with coral in the summer!

    Kaitlin
    www.teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete