Thursday, June 12, 2014

Review- Stila Convertible Color

So I may have gone on a mini (and I STRESS, MINI) Sephora haul the other night.  I was in desperate need of bronzer (more on that in another post), and wanted a cream blush to withstand the humidity of the summer.  I planned to finally try the Makeup Forever HD Cream blush or, if I was unsure about that, pick up a new Tarte cream blush.  After I spotted the Stila Convertible Color line, I decided to go in a different direction.

Stila Convertible Color is a blush and lip color in one.  It comes in seven different colors.  I picked "Fuchsia"- a bright pink.


It comes in an adorable little compact, which is perfect for touchups on the go.  


The first thing I noticed when I opened the compact was how creamy and shinny the color was.  I was initially worried it would be too bright, but once I tried it on, the color blended into my skin flawlessly.  I was surprised the color was so sheer on my fair skin. It was just the right amount of summer flush I was looking for. 


I wore this blush out on Saturday night.  It was a little humid and there was some dancing and cocktails involved, and the blush lasted all night.  I didn't need to re-apply, and the color stayed pigmented the entire time.  As a bonus... it doubles a lipstick.  I've only used it once as a lipstick.  I liked how it perfectly matched my cheeks.  

This cream blush has won a number of awards.  It was voted "Best Cream Blush" by InStyle magazine for the past 10 years!  I don't know how I failed to try this product sooner.  If you're looking for a cream blush for the summer, I'd definitely recommend it.  It retails at $25, which is cheaper than most high-end cream blushes on the market.  Add in the compact and the fact you can use it as a lipstick, I think you get a lot of bang for your buck!  

Now the only problem I am going to have is refraining from ending up with all 7 colors haha!

3 comments:

  1. The color you chose is really pretty! I love these blushes! You should definitely try out the MU4E HD Cream Blush if you get the chance, it's quickly become a holy grail blush for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! I'm dying to try it. I have to put myself in check for the summer... but I'm thinking that will be a sure thing when I'm in the market for a fun new fall blush!!!

      Delete
  2. Hmm. this looks like a must try!

    ReplyDelete