Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Beach Bag Beauty Essentials

I got my first sunburn the other day, and while it hurt like hell, it was a pleasant reminder... summer is upon us!  I spend a lot of time at the beach and I have a few items I never leave home without.  I don't usually wear make up when I go to the beach, but there are few things I use to help me from getting burned.  I have super fair skin so SPF items are a must!  Here are a few of my beach bag essentials:

(From Left to Right- Bath & Body works hand sanitizer; Fresh Sugar lip Balm; Origins Perfect World Moisturizer; Dr. Jart+ BB Cream; Benefit Big Easy Better than BB; Supergoop sun-defying sunscreen  oil.)


1. Hand Sanitizer-  I hate germs!  And they are everywhere at the beach.  From the bathrooms to the sand (lets not even talk about what goes on in that sand), there are germs lingering everywhere.  Hand sanitizer is a great way to neutralize germs and still smell good.  The Sanitizer pictured is by Bath & Body Works.  It is from their Island Collection and is called "mango hibiscus".  I love the smell of this!  It is a fresh fruity scent and you don't get that chemical scent hand sanitizers usually carry.

2. Fresh Sugar Lip Balm- Can I just say I LOVE Fresh products! And this is no exception.  I have incredibly sensitive lips and with the slightest exposure to the sun they can burn.  I've had a lot of trouble finding SPF lip treatments over the years.  There are your typical drug store brands I've always been using, but they aren't exactly fun.  These Fresh lip balms come in a variety of tinted colors.  I have "Berry" pictured above.  It's a purply color that gives my lips a tinted color while providing be with the protection I need. A MUST HAVE!

3. Origins Perfect World Moisturizer- This one is the age defense with white tea.  SPF 25.  I always carry a moisturizer.  I'll usually put this on before I leave my house or use it to touch up every couple hours on the beach.  The sun really dries skin out, so I find putting this on as I'm leaving the beach helps alleviate dryness.

4. Dr. Jart+ BB Cream- This cream is SPF 45- which I LOVE!  It only comes in one shade, so it is very light.  I like the fact I don't have to try and figure out what color I am.  I can never ever put sun screen on my face because I'll instantly break out.  I used to use Clinique City Block, until I discovered this gem last summer.  This balm did a great job at protecting my skin, even in the harshest of sun light.

5. Benefit Bigger than BB- This is a new product.  I'm a HUGE fan of Benefit products, and when this was launched earlier this year, I had to try it.  It has more of a powder finish to it, which is nice.  I haven't had the chance to try this in the sun yet.  The SPF is only 35, so I may stick with my Dr. Jart+ BB Cream for the beach.  I'll keep you posted!

6. Supergoop Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil (SPF 50)- Can I say I LOVE this stuff!  It goes on like an oil so it is super moisturizing.  It acts as a sunscreen and an all-over moisturizer at the same time.  The SPF is about as high as you can get, so it offers optimal protection.  I can't wait to use this stuff all summer!

7. Make Up Remover Wipes-  (not pictured).  I use the CVS brand gentile wipes.  They easily cleanse your face and are very gentile.  I use them all over my body though.  They are perfect way to cool down, or keep your body from overheating.  Also, after you leave the beach they are a great substitute for a shower if you are going somewhere before having the opportunity to get cleaned up. Let's face it- you can get just as sweaty sitting on the beach doing nothing as you can working out!  I hear the Aveno wipes are great too, so I will probably try those this summer as well!

What are some of your favorite beauty essentials at the beach?!?!


4 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm the only person still yet to try Fresh Sugar Lip Balm. That needs to change ASAP. I hear so many wonderful things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! You will LOVE LOVE it! I promise! And there are so many tints to choose from... decisions, decisions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great essentials! I take my Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment with me everywhere during the summer! And I still haven't tried The Big Easy! I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki! I agree... the Fresh LIp Treatment is one product I can't live without!!!

      Delete