Monday, June 16, 2014

Bachelorette Survival Bags

Last weekend I attended the bachelorette party for a friend of mine.  I decided to share with you guys what I made for that party.  Bachelorette Survival Bags!  You never know what will happen at a bachelorette party, and I'm a big fan of disaster preparedness hahaha.



The outside of the bag:
In case you haven't guessed, my friend's last name is Cook, so we call her Cookie. Hence the "cookie's bachelorette" tag on the bags.  All I did was buy plain navy blue (one of the wedding colors, and the color of our bridesmaid dresses) gift bags and glued the label on.  My color wasn't working in my printer, so I had to go with black and white. I thought about printing out a ring, or a monogram of her new initials, but I decided simple would be better.   I also added a name tag.  The tags were super cheap- $1 for 9 at the dollar store.

The inside of the bag:
Inside I put a number of things one may need.  Mostly, they were hangover supplies hahaha.  Advil, gatorade, water, 5 hour energy drink, gum, tissues, candies, hand wipes, and a ring pop for fun.  Our maid of honor also found some tide to-go wipes, so I added those as well.  Oh, and because I am a crazed beauty addict, each girl got a Sephora lip gloss.

I also made glasses.  The wedding will take place in a rustic barn in Western Massachusetts.  Picture white lights, horseshoes, and mason jars.  I was intent on finding mason jars to make for the girls, but I couldn't find any reasonably priced ones anywhere.  I was trying to do everything for under $100, and the only mason jars I could find were too expensive.  I decided to get beer mugs instead.  Luckily, the day before we left I happened to go to a local craft store to pick up ribbon and found the most adorable glasses made from mason jars.  They even had chalk board paint on the front to write.  How adorable!  I was so psyched I found them.  I put ribbon on each glass so every one's glass would be a little different.  I debated painting names on or adding the date, but decided against it.  I liked the simplicity of them, and figured they would get more use if they were kept that way.

 Inside the glass I put a piece of chalk and a straw.  The straws were the same straws we used at her bridal shower a couple months ago.


These bags were super easy to make and everyone seemed to really like them!  I thought they were cute favors to pack.  You could put just about anything in a bag like this.  I also thought of putting the survival kits in a little mini makeup bags, but couldn't find anything I really liked.  I tried to tie the bags into her wedding theme, and the mason jar glasses did the trick.


So those are my bachelorette survival bags!  I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. Saying hi from the linkup! How cute are those cups! I'm a sucker for all things chalkboard-related!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun (and good) idea!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fun kit to put together! I'm sure the girls loved them!

    ReplyDelete