Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Lip Addict Tag

Hi, my name is Katie, and I am a lip addict.  Which is why I was super excited when Julie from Collective Beauty tagged me to do a lip addict review.  If you aren't already reading her blog... you should be!  She has some amazing recipes, great ideas for moms, and definitely knows her stuff when it comes to beauty products!  Now- on to talking about lip products...



  • Favorite Balm or Treatment- SUGAR LIP TREATMENT by FRESH



This balm is amazing.  I can't say enough good things about it.  It is super moisturizing, keeps my lips soft and even has SPF 15 to keep them from getting burned.  I never leave my house without this stuff in the summer.  It comes in a variety of shades from a neutral shade like Honey (pictured) to a vibrant Berry... this balm has a tint for everyone.


  • Best Luxury Product- BUXOM 

To me, Buxom is the holy grail of lip gloss.  I haven't found anything that comes close to the quality of this product.  I love how most of their products tingle when you put them on.  They are super hydrating and moisturizing, and the color lasts several hours.  This gloss comes in so many different colors I can't keep up!  Pictured above is "Taylor", which is a pinky orange- perfect for summer!  Look how incredibly shinny this can be-




  • Best Eye-Catching Red- Clinique Balm in Luscious 


Oddly enough, I don't really have many red colors.  I have tried several and red just doesn't suit me.  I'm so fair skinned red is usually out of control on me.  I look more like a painted clown than anything when I wear this color...haha.  But one red I have fell in love with is the one pictured above by Clinique.  It is a very muted red, so it's perfect for me.  This is more of a balm/butter than a lipstick, which makes it super hydrating.


  • Best Drug Store Lip Product- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter


Pictured above is "Strawberry Shortcake".  I don't wear many lipsticks.  I tend to gravitate towards glosses and balms.  But Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter has made me a believer.  It is incredibly moisturizing and is hands down the best drug store product I've ever purchased. I recently discovered this a few months ago and can't wait to try other colors.


  • Best Mac Lipstick- 
Okay, so this might sound crazy- but I don't own a MAC lipstick!  I used to own a couple a few years ago, but I haven't purchased any in ages.  I think because I have found so many other options for lip product, I've gravitated away from them.  On the bright side, I suppose this may mean my beauty addiction isn't as bad as I thought ;)

  • Most Disappointing- Revlon Colorburst Gloss in Bellini
 
Because I love the colorburst lip butter, I thought the gloss would be right up my ally.  WRONG.  I first tried this a couple months ago, and initially liked it.  However, the more I use it, the more I notice it does absolutely nothing for me.  It is moisturizing, but the gloss lasts all of 15- maybe 20 minutes.  I also notice my lips chap easier when I wear this.  If you read my post on "Crazy for Coral", I mentioned it, and said I really liked it a lot.  Boy how wearing a gloss over several weeks can change one's opinion.  My advice... save your money!

  • Liner- Yes or no?
I very very rarely wear a liner.  I'd say once or twice a year at most.  I am always applying my lip products and some times change them throughout the day.  I don't like how liner looks on me.  I think no liner looks more natural on me.  However, I have seen many girls wearing liner and it looks beautiful on them.  It's just not for me. 

  • Something Extra- Philosophy High Gloss Lip Shine & Benefit Sugar Bomb

I love both of these products and have been using them for years!  Philosophy lip shine comes in a variety of colors and flavors.  "Watermelon" is pictured above.  Another favorite of mine is the "Coconut" (for summer), and  "Vanilla Cupcake".  They also come out with a number of seasonal glosses around Christmas time which really put me in the mood for the season!  This is super hydrating and I find it works well as a lip treatment.  If you have chapped lips... you lips will be good as new after a couple uses of this.

I also couldn't help but mention Benefit's Sugar Bomb.  I love this stuff!  I am a HUGE fan of benefit products and this one is no different.  I always find myself buying a new tube as soon as a run out.  It is pinkish-nude color and can be worn year round.  It's glossy, hydrating, and makes my lips feel super smooth.  This is def one product I can't live without!

So that's it.... my lip addict review! Thanks again Julie!

3 comments:

  1. I love love love Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment! It's my go to!!! And Buxom lipglosses are my fave! I bought Benefit SugarBomb because I loved the color but I haven't had as much luck with it. It lasts for like 3 seconds on me! Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices, thanks for the blog shout out! I also love Buxom lip glosses,I fell in love with a LE shade called Zena and I haven't seen it re-promoted since. The formula is great though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tag! I love Buxom lip products.

    ReplyDelete