Sunday, April 27, 2014

Urban Decay Finishing Spray Review

One of the most frustrating things is spending time putting makeup on, only to have it disappear in a few hours!  I've heard a lot about setting sprays but haven't tried one until now.  Enter... Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray.  I have been dying to try this spray, but I was reluctant to invest in something I didn't know much about.  (This product retails at $30 for 4oz.)  I was super excited when I was at Sephora the other day and noticed a travel size for $10.  I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to give this product a try without much commitment!



The bottle is a typical spray bottle.  It mists like a hair spray, or leave in conditioner.  The directions say to hold 8-10 inches away from face, and mist spray 2-4 times in an "X" and "T" formation.  I was worried it would make my face appear wet, and even change the tone of my makeup.  Surprisingly, it didn't.  You couldn't even tell anything had been applied.  It seemed to almost evaporate into the skin on contact.  The spray is a bit cool as it goes on, but refreshing.

But the real question is... did it keep my makeup in place for 16 hours as the product claims!?  After several days of using this product I noticed a big difference in the lasting power of my makeup.  I usually put makeup on around 8am on work days, and by 3pm, most has faded.  I noticed when using the spray, my makeup lasted throughout the entire work day.  I wouldn't go so far as to say it lasts the full 16 hours claimed.  10 hours is probably a little more accurate.

Overall, I really like this product.  I am eager to see how it holds up in the summer with heat and humidity.  Stay tuned....

3 comments:

  1. Love this stuff. It's great for oily skin too, helps keep your makeup on while not looking greasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bought this stuff in a long time, but reading this I really want to try it out again! Especially now that it's wedding season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki! And with that New England humidity.... I'm hoping this is a summer keeper!

      Delete