Thursday, April 24, 2014

Feeling Blue... with Essie

I don't know what it is, but lately I have been craving blue nails.  I assume it's my craving for summer and wanting to be ocean-side again.  Here are a few of my current favs by Essie.....


The first color shown is Essie Butler Please.  Described as an "indulgent bright blue", the pigments in this color are very vibrant, and would be great for spring or summer.  (I don't have a pic of my nails done in this one... we can call this rookie mistake #1...ha!).

The second color shown is Essie Hide & Go Chic.  This blue is part of the Spring 2014 line.  This blue has a hint of turquoise to it, but it is not overwhelming.  I wore this color to work (yes, even in court, where I try to keep my nail color on the modest side).  It wasn't too bright, but gave me just enough color to remind me summer is right around the corner.


The last color shown is by far my favorite! Essie Lots of Lux.  At first I thought it would be similar to their other sparkly nail colors, which I find look best over a solid coat.  However, this one was much thicker and came out almost like a liquid sand texture.  It still had hints of sparkle to it, and was a perfect weekend color!  Not to mention, the sand texture reminds me the summer is just around the corner!


Cheers to feeling blue!

5 comments: